Free copy of Building Services Job Book for every delegate.
"Great Course - Extremely Relevant" Geoff O'Donnell, Senior Technical Coordinator, Motability Operations Ltd
"Very Engaging Lecturer" John Gentry, Senior Engineering Manager, Broadgate Estates Ltd
The need to consistently produce excellent buildings and provide a high standard of service to clients now presents the building services profession with two key challenges:
1. Improve the performance of traditional construction, refurbishment and repair activities
2. Help the construction industry evolve to a much broader vision that delivers better performance outcomes in the built environment
Project Management for Building Services will address these challenges by presenting the 8 stage process, starting with a clear definition of the client's requirements, and ending with post-occupancy aftercare to ensure these requirements have been met. This will create an improved project delivery process and better project management, in turn leading to buildings that:
- are operationally ready at handover
- function to user and operator requirements
- perform efficiently in use
This process will also improve service to clients through greater predictability of time, cost, quality, site safety, worker wellbeing and environmental impact.
Please select a date before adding a delegate
Please select a date before adding a delegate
The aim of the course is to enable Built Environment professionals to produce better buildings and to provide a better service to their clients. This will happen through the adoption of an improved project delivery process and better project management of the activities that take place at each stage of the project delivery process.
These better buildings will be operationally ready at handover, function in accordance with user and operator requirements and perform efficiently in use. The improved service to clients will provide greater predictability of time, cost, quality, site safety, worker wellbeing and environmental impact.
This course is intended for professionals involved in the design, construction, commissioning, operation and use of the Built Environment. This includes building owners, building services consultants and contractors, architects, cost consultants, project managers, principal contractors and facilities managers.
This course can be run in-company. We can also customise courses to meet the training needs of your staff. For more information, or for a quote, contact training manager David Bleicher (01344 465 589).
Content and timings
- 21st century construction - An industry fit for purpose
- The 8 stages of project delivery
- Project management of building services
- A journey through the commissioning process:
1. Preparation stage
2. Design stage
3. Pre-construction stage
4. Construction stage
5. Commissioning stage
6. Pre-handover stage
7. Initial occupation stage
8. Post-occupancy aftercare stage
Registration and coffee from 9.00am. The course will start at 9.30 am and finish at 17.00pm. Lunch will be provided and there will be a morning and afternoon tea break
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Acknowledge the crucial role that the construction industry needs to play in producing better performance outcomes for individuals, businesses, society and the environment
- Recognise that whole-life value is utimately a function of how well a building and its engineering services perform and how performance can be sustained over the long term
- Describe the 8-stage project process that will help the buildings services profession produce better performance outcomes in the Built Environment
- Identify the purpose of the project management process at each of the eight stages in the delivery of a construction project
- Evaluate if their company's approach to management of building services supports the production of better buildings and the provision of a better service to their clients
- Produce a premise and a controlling idea to inform the delivery of their construction projects
- Apply an improved approach to management of building services on their construction projects at each stage of the project dleivery process
Delegates will be provided with a copy of the BSRIA publication BG01/2009 Building Services Job Book, a copy of all the slides presented and a BSRIA CPD certificate.
Glenn Hawkins has over 20 years experience in building services and construction, both as a researcher and with practical experience working in design, maintenance, contracting and project management. He was the lead author on several important BSRIA guides, including Building Services Job Book. Read Glenn's full profile.